Focused Shockwave Workshop – Manchester
July 21 @ 9:00 am - 12:00 pm£70.00
Focused Shockwave has been used successfully in Germany for the treatment of chronic pain since the early ’90s. PiezoWave2 is the latest technology in focused shockwave – the use of acoustic waves to target tissue at varying depths to compress and manipulate tissue – resulting in a focused and precise deep tissue massage. This session will give an overview of the latest scientific evidence, demonstrate different treatment methods and allow to try focused shockwave for yourself.
- Soft tissue pathologies
- Joint pain (including facet joint)
- Repetitive stress injuries
- Dysfunction in transitional regions between tendons and muscles
Why Focused Shockwave?
- Non invasive treatment
- Pinpoint pain at it’s source
- Acoustic waves to target tissue at varying depths
- Treat acute and chronic pain in muscles, tendons and joints
- Reduced treatment time
Who is this for?
- Occupational Therapist
- Sports Therapist
- Neuro-biological induced tissue-changes – Latest scientific evidence
- MyACT Treatment demonstration for Hip, Knee, Ankle and Foot
- Supervised Workshop
- MyACT Treatment demonstration for Shoulder, Elbow and Spine
What you will gain
- CPD hours
- Insights into new technologies
Director Outpatients Services Johns Hopkins
Ken is the Director of Rehabilitation Therapy Services Outreach for Johns Hopkins Hospital in Baltimore, MD. His career path to clinical leadership at one of the nation’s leading academic medical institutions began 20 years ago after graduation from the University at Buffalo. Ken is the Administrator of the Johns Hopkins Hospital/George Washington University Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency and guest lecturer for the Johns Hopkins University School of Medicine.