Level 1: IASTM Fundamentals – Manchester
November 27 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm£125.00
This 8 hour course (inc. post exam) covers the basic skills necessary to safely begin IASTM techniques. In this course, participants will receive hands on instruction in the proper use of IASTM through a lab focused teaching format. The course will address proper instrument selection to address body contours and reach target tissues. Prior to the live course, attendees will participate in an online course covering the research and fundamentals of IASTM technique through narrated videos. The course includes watching two videos and taking a short quiz. At the end of the course, attendees will take a 1-hour exam for a certification in Level I: IASTM Fundamental.
What are the benefits of IASTM?
- Quicker detection of restrictions in soft tissue
- Quicker and easier to break up tissue densities
- Helps reduce and heal scar tissue
- Easier on therapists hands
- Improving patient outcome whilst reducing clinical treatment time
Who is this for?
- Occupational Therapist
- Sports Therapist
The target audience is limited to those who have achieved, or are a student in their final year working towards one or more of the following credentials: Chiropractor, Occupational Therapist, Osteopath, Physiotherapist, Podiatrist, Sports Rehabilitator, Sports Therapist.
- Theoretical background of IASTM as a concept
- Introduce tools and basic tool selection
- Practical application of treatment techniques
- Case study examples
What you will gain
- CPD hours
- HawkGrip Practitioner Certification
- Techniques to implement in your daily practice