The L-Dex U400 is a bioimpedance spectroscopy (BIS) device used by nurses, doctors and therapists for the early detection of Lymphoedema following cancer treatment. By using the 256 frequencies from 3kHz to 1000kHz to rapidly and specifically measure extracellular fluid changes in the arms or legs which signify sub clinical Lymphoedema changes. Unlike other measurement methods which are non-fluid specific and only detect clinical changes. The BIS technology allows you to detect subclinical changes in a patient signifying that Lymphoedema could be developing. As it is a fluid specific measurement, you can be more objective and accurate and detect fluid changes on average 10 months before current practice.
Easily portable, and with a simple interface, the U400 is easy to integrate into clinical practice and using Impsoft, patient data is tracked and can be analysed easily.
Why Bioimpedance Spectroscopy?
- Accurately and specifically measure extracellular fluid
- Track and trend data simply
- Rapid, repeatable, non invasive testing
- Internationally recognised best practice for the early detection of Lymphoedema
- Simple tracking and analysis of data
- Portable and simple application
The L-Dex system can be used by a medical provider as a series of measurements over time. This allows the healthcare professional to:
- Assess extracellular fluid changes associated with Lymphoedema and therefore aid a clinician in considering therapy.
- Detects Lymphoedema up to 10 months earlier.
The L-Dex U400 has huge internal storage to save thousands of documents, all in a small and portable device.