Manual Lymphatic Drainage in Pre and Post Cosmetic Surgery – London
April 12 @ 5:30 pm - 7:30 pmFree
Here we will introduce you to the latest medical technology for lymphatic drainage, applied to aid and enhance your patient’s recovery throughout their surgical journey.
Over 28,000 cosmetic procedures (surgical) were performed in 2017…In the UK alone.
With this ever-increasing demand for surgical procedures, we see the need for superior pre and post-operative care. From a clinician and patient perspective, there is also the pressure for quicker and more effective recovery. Whether we are wanting to address post-operative oedema, bruising, scaring, tissue function or general healing, the incorporation of targeted negative pressure in our MLD treatments can effectively enhance our surgical outcomes no matter what the procedure is.
This 2 hour event covers the theoretical background and importance of manual lymphatic drainage, introducing you to LymphaTouch’s targeted negative pressure system and demonstrating its applications through a hands-on treatment session.
Who is this for?
This is for clinicians wanting to implement and invest in technology that will enhance outcomes with a strong return on investment.
- Beauty therapists
- Cosmetic and reconstructive surgeons
- Healthcare professionals who deal with patient pre and post-care through surgical intervention
- MLD therapists
The target audience is limited to those who have achieved, or are working towards one or more of the following credentials: Surgeon, Doctor, Aesthetician, MLD Therapist, Nurse, Beauty Therapist or a Healthcare Professional who works within this sort of environment.
- Theoretical background of manual lymphatic drainage (MLD)
- An introduction to the importance of MLD in the surgical care pathway
- Case study examples
- An introduction to the LymphaTouch and the concepts of targeted negative pressure
- What are the benefits
- A clinician’s demonstration and practical application session
- What are the applications and benefits of targeted negative pressure?
What you will gain
- CPD hours
- Knowledge of MLD in pre and post-cosmetic surgery, it’s importance and applicability
- MLD techniques using LymphaTouch, that can be implemented into your daily practice
Call us on 0161 713 0409
Clinical Applications Specialist
Dominic is an exercise rehab therapist who graduated in 2014. He has worked clinically with a range of patients who are recovering from cancer treatment, orthopaedic or cosmetic surgery or general musculoskeletal injury. He has a keen interest in the lymphatics and fascia and how addressing these systems, with exercise and movement, supports patients returning to daily living and function.