The MCU is an unmatched, research-backed tool that empowers physical therapists and chiropractors alike to objectively evaluate, strengthen, and restore the ailing neck and cervical spine.
The MCU’s advanced technology helps you perform objective evidence-based evaluations and standardised treatment with an easy to follow, prescribed, validated protocol. It will enhance your practice by helping you safely and efficiently satisfy the needs of patients, clinicians, and insurers. The MCU is powered by a computerised interface that records real-time cervical spine movement and isometric strength in all three planes of motion. This eliminates the subjectivity and guesswork of manual testing. Additionally, the dynamic strengthening protocol complements manual therapy – while it maintains objectivity for the progression of cervical spine rehab.
- Successful whiplash treatment with MCU
- Documented, evidence-based outcomes using The Melbourne Protocol
- Objectively identifies cervical function, physical limitations and capabilities
- Real time recording of cervical spine ROM and isometric strength
- Ability to evaluate and treat in all three planes of isolated or integrated movement
- Dynamic strengthening program for rehabilitation
- Graphical and narrative documentation of ROM and strength
- Baseline Strength Measurements
- Cervical Assessment and Rehabilitation
- Functional Progress Analysis
- Neuromuscular Rehabilitation
- Sports Medicine
Offer Testing and treatment for:
- General & chronic neck pain
- Whiplash associated disorders
- Muscle tension headache
- Cervical disc compression
- Sports-related injuries
- Job/posture dysfunctions
“Since I started using the MCU in September 2006, I’ve found it to be one of the most effective systems I have used. Traditionally, I’ve used manual techniques to treat patients, but it is very difficult to quantify the neck during the assessment and strengthening. The MCU has proven to be our clinic’s missing link for strengthening and neck rehabilitation,” said Suzanne Price.
“With equipment like the MCU, I feel that I have a more comprehensive assessment and means to measure progress with regards to the functional recovery of the patients that I treat with chronic neck pain.”