What are the problems we are facing?
Lymphoedema is a growing problem in the UK and services are becoming more and more stretched. Recent statistics show that;
- 80% of people with Lymphoedema had to take time off work
- 50% of patients with Lymphoedema experienced recurrent episodes of cellulitis
- 50% of patients reported uncontrolled pain
- 36% of people had received no treatment for their condition
- 27% of those with cellulitis required hospital admission for intravenous antibiotics and the mean hospital stay was 12 days
(Healthy London Partnership, June 2017)
What can we do?
Our Lymphoedema solution offers the opportunity to detect sub-clinical Lymphoedema. With the prospective model of care that implements SOZOThrive, we can detect Lymphoedema on average 10 months before current practice. Another aspect is our treatment solution. Utilising LymphaTouch allows you to perform Lymphatic Drainage using negative pressure to improve limb volume reduction. LymphaTouch allows you to treat post-surgical scars and radiated tissue more effectively too. Both solutions allow us to manage Lymphoedema, reducing the costs of Lymphoedema by thousands of pounds a year per patient per year.
How does it help me?
You can deliver a leading service which detects Lymphoedema earlier allowing for earlier intervention and easier and an advanced treatment which improves clinical outcomes and therefore offers a cost-effective management. You can;
- Reduce Clinical Lymphoedema rates
- Reduce costs of Cancer-Related Lymphoedema
- Improve objectivity
- More treatment options
- Improve Lymphoedema service
- Improve patient QOL
- Instant measurement of fluid to assist clinical assessments of Lymphoedema detection
- Simple, objective, repeatable measurement
- Automatically tracks and trends data
“Periodic monitoring of women at high risk of Lymphoedema with BIS allows early detection and timely intervention for Lymphoedema, which reduces the incidence of clinical Lymphoedema from 36.4% to 4.4%.” (Soran, A., et al 2014).
Negative Pressure Lymphatic Drainage
- Dilate lymphatic capillaries to encourage lymphatic drainage
- Lifts and expands the tissue, instead of push and compress
- Vertical stretching of fascia
- Provide torsional forces on the tissue by twisting
- Results are often instantly measurable
“LymphaTouch negative pressure technique treats oedema more effectively than traditional manual lymph drainage therapy. It caused larger decreases in the oedematous volume of muscle tissue (7%) and in tissue stiffness (9.2%).” (Vuorinen et. al. 2013).
As part of the NHS, we are looking to find new solutions which reduce the costs of the services. By investing in the solutions we offer, you will be able to reduce the costs of Lymphoedema in your area and improve the clinical outcomes. We can support you building a business case and ROI model which will be tailored to your clinic and CCG/Trust. To discuss the Lymphoedema solutions and to get a tailored business case and ROI model built please contact us.
In private healthcare, we are always looking to find new innovative ways to treat and manage our patients that sets us apart from everyone else. The solutions we offer can really push and grow your business and make you stand out from the other services available. We can work with you in building an ROI model tailored to your business. To discuss the options, contact us.